2062 Wellcraft Egress Kit - Sandstone
SpecificationsWell Size: 46" W x 62" H x 42" P
Window Size: 27" W x 45" H or 29 1/4" W x 47 1/4" H
Materials: Polyethylene with UV inhibitors.
Code Compliant: Yes
Notes: Net clear window opening size for egress is: 20 1/8" wide x 40 7/8" high (5.71 square feet when sash opened in normal inward position).
Production Time: backorder for 6 - 8 weeks
The IRC building code requires that basement renovations include a safe escape route for fires or other emergencies. The 2062 Wellcraft window well kit makes meeting that requirement easy. This complete kit has everything you need – a stylish window well, well cover and an in-swing window.
With its narrow size, this window well kit can fit into tight spaces while still being code compliant. Made to be used with a 3-foot-wide casement window, the smaller size is great for basement bedrooms or media rooms.
This kit contains:
- Wellcraft window well – This well comes in one piece, making installation easy. Also includes built-in exit steps, eliminating the need for a ladder.
- In-swing window -- Available with your choice of clear or acrylic block in maintenance-free vinyl frame , both are fully compliant with IRC regulations.
- Well cover -- Made specifically for the Wellcraft well, this cover is made of a clear polycarbonate designed to let the sunlight in and keep the well neat and free of debris.
The entire assembly measures as follows:
- Width: 49 inches at the widest point of the wall attachment
- Height: 62 inches
- Depth: 37.5 inches from exterior wall to stepladder
- Square Footage: 9.29 sq ft